In light of the uncertainty and guidance from the Federal and Provincial governments, the Newfermenters admin team have decided to put a hold on the planned upcoming competitions and associated gatherings until it is clear that doing so does not present a risk to the membership of the group and the public.

That means the NEIPA home brew competition scheduled for May 3, as well as a presently unannounced competition that was in the works will both be delayed. However, we are keenly interested in having these and other in-person events as soon as is prudent to do so.

In the meantime, please keep brewing your favorite fermented beverage, chatting online, and supporting your friendly local home brew stores. Many of the local stores have adopted contactless purchase options including delivery or postal distribution to ensure that we can get the ingredients we need to brew, and our support of them will help them weather the storm we find ourselves in.

These are difficult and strange times. Wash your hands thoroughly, remember to sanitize your fermentation vessels, and relax and have a home brew.

Bill, Craig, Alex, Andrew